Thursday, April 14, 2011

Passover whine...

I got my business cards today. It's the second time in my life I've had my own business card. I wonder who decided on my title though...
Erica Landis
Enthusiastic Wine Professional


Is that opposed to "Blase` Wine Professional" ? Regardless, I'll take it. I am enthusiastic...

Today was the first day of my pre-procedure antibiotic. I feel like it made me stinky. And my hot flashes were out of control today. I'm gearing up for IUI this month (intrauterine insemination) with hormone injections nightly. Hal mixes the vials together and I give myself the shot. Hal does this funny thing with his tongue while measuring the medicines into the syringe. He moves his tongue back and forth like one of those thingies that sits on top of a piano and keeps time. Ticktockticktockticktock...He concentrates so hard. The shot doesn't hurt at all into my belly, alternating sides nightly. But the hormones sting and burn as they go in. But pain doesn't bother me at all anymore.

I tasted some NJ wines today. Surprisingly good but I doubt we'll bring any in. I opened for the tasting bar 3 old standbys. BLBL Toscana (sangiovese, cab, merlot, syrah), Vinea Tempranillo (aged 18 months in oak and another 24 months in the bottle before released). and Bear Print Chardonnay (Santa Barbara County- fruit upfront and switches mid palate to pronounced oak).

My fellow tribal members (Jews) are driving me nuts with their Passover wines. It's almost like it's confrontational when they ask me for Passover wine. Only when I try to help them in their selection by first identifying myself as a "member of the tribe" do they take a deep breath and realize they're in friendly territory.

I go for a test tomorrow called an HSG. They stick a catheter filled with contrast dye up into my hoo-ha and takes a looksee at what's going on in there. I hear it hurts but, again...who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment