Wednesday, April 18, 2012

rechartered territory?

It hit me last night that I may get to be a mommy again. Someone's mother. A child may look at me and breathe a sigh of relief...know I'll provide a snack...know I'll read them a book...know I'll cuddle on the couch...know I'll sing that song that makes them giggle. I just remembered how Hal would do "this little piggy" with Noah over and over and over again. Noah would practically stick his foot in Hal's face as his way of saying "again?". I loved seeing them together.  I loved our Sunday's together. We'd start planning our Sunday activity on Wednesday! We loved being just the three of us so much. I'd pack his diaper bag with sooo many extra outfits and snacks and books and toys. I'd lay out his clothes... the outfits that made me laugh. He had a pair of blue and yellow striped pajama pants that I would put on him during the day. They were happy looking and matched his always happy face. He loved to try to put his own socks and shoes on. He knew how to bring me a diaper from his room. It was so exciting to see him start to understand words. I miss him. I miss being his mommy. And I miss being anyone's mommy. It has to happen again...

No comments:

Post a Comment